In the hustle and bustle of modern life, where the constant barrage of information and responsibilities can be overwhelming, take a break by viewing and experiencing art. Art is not only decorative; it touches various aspects of our lives, offering benefits beyond the aesthetic. Here are a few great benefits:
- Looking at art can reduce stress and evoke feelings of appreciation.
- Experiencing art provides shared experiences that bring people together, fostering a sense of belonging.
- Art can relax and soothe us. This is especially true when spending time with our current exhibition, Shifting Balance. The nature-inspired artwork takes us to a quiet place of reflection.
- Art can help you think differently about the world around you.
- Viewing the creativity of others can inspire your own creativity.
- Art can raise awareness of larger issues. The Shifting Balance exhibition reminds us to slow down and reflect on the environment we live in as a community, and what part we play in sustaining it for the future.
- Art can tell stories from voices that you haven’t heard before and expose you to new ideas.
Next time you are at The Lincoln Center for a performance or event, come by the Art Gallery and experience the benefits yourself. Or if you want a break from the every day, stop by when the gallery is open on a Wednesday or Friday, between 12:00 and 6:00 p.m.